LAKESIDE HOUSE BOOKING TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. The hiring contract shall be between the holidaymaker and the owner of the property and is subject to the following terms and conditions.
2. Whilst The Inn at Fossebridge uses its best endeavours to ensure accuracy of all information supplied and details of properties are given in good faith, no warranty is given as to their accuracy and it does not accept responsibility or liability for any loss or damage resulting from information given or statements made whether orally or in writing.
3. a) The period of hire shall be from 3pm the day of arrival and the property must be vacated by 11am on the day of departure, unless otherwise stated or agreed in writing. If the holiday-maker is unable to arrive at the property by midday on the day following the holiday start date the holiday-maker must advise The Inn at Fossebridge of the intended late arrival. Failure to arrive by midday on the day following the holiday start date and failure in those circumstances to advise The Inn at Fossebridge constitutes cancellation by the holiday-maker.
b) Cancellation. Any cancellation made by the client for whatever reason shall be in writing and addressed to The Inn at Fossebridge at the address on the booking form/web site. The Inn at Fossebridge will accept notice of cancellation on behalf of the owner. On receipt of notice of cancellation, The Inn at Fossebridge will use its reasonable endeavours to seek to re-let the property for the period of booking. If The Inn at Fossebridge succeeds in re-letting the property for the whole period, it shall refund all the monies paid less administrative charge of £25 per booking. If The Inn at Fossebridge only succeeds in re-letting for part of the period booked, it shall refund the amount equal to the amount the client has paid less (1) the full rental for the period which is not re-let and (2) an administrative charge of £25. If The Inn at Fossebridge is unable to re-let the property at all, then all monies paid by the client shall be forfeit to The Inn at Fossebridge. The Inn at Fossebridge strongly recommends clients take out cancellation insurance.
4. The Inn at Fossebridge reserves the right to refuse accommodation. In no circumstances may the number of people occupying the property exceed the number stated in the brochure, unless agreed in advance and in writing. The owner reserves the right to refuse entry or terminate the hire without notice if this condition is not observed, or refuse to hand over the property to any person who, in the owners opinion, is not suitable to take charge. Rents will not be refunded. In such cases all liability of The Inn at Fossebridge and owner shall cease declaring that in no event shall The Inn at Fossebridge accept any responsibility or liability for such refusal, termination or otherwise or any loss or damage arising there from.
5. The hired property shall be used solely for holiday purposes and the holiday-maker shall not sub-let the property, or any part of the property, or any equipment from the property.
6. The holiday-maker shall at all times maintain the property and its contents in a clean and tidy condition and accept the property as it is equipped at the commencement of hire. The holiday-maker shall be liable to the owner for any loss, costs, expenses or claims arising from any damage caused to the property and/or its contents by the deliberate or negligent act or omission of the holiday-maker or of any person in his/her party. If, as a result of such damage, the property or any of its contents need to be repaired or any of the contents need to be replaced then the holiday-maker shall be responsible for paying the reasonable costs of doing so.
7. Pets: It is clearly stated in the description of the property that a maximum of two well behaved dogs are allowed at a cost of £10 per dog per night. Dogs must be kept under strict control at all times and must never be left unattended. Pet basket or bedding must be brought by the hirer. Under no circumstances are pets to be allowed on beds, sofas or chairs. All animal hairs and excreta must be removed on your departure. The owner reserves the right to charge for any cleaning inside or outside the property made necessary by the pet.
8. The booking is made on the understanding that the property is available to the holiday-maker on the dates stated. If for any reason beyond The Inn at Fossebridge’s control (e.g. fire, storm damage, illness, sale or withdrawal of the property by the owner for any reason etc) the property is not available on the date booked The Inn at Fossebridge will use its best endeavours to provide alternative accommodation to the holiday-maker but cannot guarantee that such will be provided and if such cannot be found or is not suitable for the holiday-maker then all monies paid by the holiday-maker shall be returned in full. The Inn at Fossebridge shall not be liable for any loss, expense, inconvenience or otherwise resulting in such unavailability or unsuitability and the holiday-maker shall have no claim against them. The holiday-maker shall advise The Inn at Fossebridge within seven days of being offered alternative accommodation whether or not it is acceptable. If the alternative property is more expensive The Inn at Fossebridge reserves the right to charge the difference in cost.
9. Submission of a signed booking form / or telephone booking with deposit paid by debit or Credit Card, will be deemed to be an acceptance of these conditions and a confirmation of the details and conditions on the booking form. The person who signs the booking form warrants that he/she is authorised to agree to The Inn at Fossebridge’s terms and conditions and is acting on behalf of all persons including those substituted or who join the party at a later date. The person who signs the booking form is responsible for ensuring that all persons occupying the property comply with the terms and conditions and in all respects. Any property occupied is strictly on the basis that the accommodation is for holiday use only and that no right to remain in the property after the end of the holiday period booked exists for the person who signed the booking form or for any person or persons who occupy the property. All persons will vacate the property at the conclusion of the period of the holiday.
10. If for any reason the holiday-maker is not satisfied with the accommodation, the owner must be contacted so that the problem can be rectified immediately. Whilst The Inn at Fossebridge does not accept any responsibility if the holiday-maker is not satisfied with the accommodation offered, The Inn at Fossebridge may at its sole discretion take up the matter with the owner on the holiday-maker’s behalf, based on the information in the general notes in the editorial and provided full details of the complaint are received in writing at the address given on the back of the current The Inn at Fossebridge’s brochure no later than 5 days after the commencement of the period of the holiday let. Under no circumstances will The Inn at Fossebridge’s liability exceed the rental paid for the property.
11. No servant or agent of The Inn at Fossebridge has any authority or right to modify any of these terms and conditions or to make any representation or undertake any liability on behalf of The Inn at Fossebridge, excepting only the Executive Director of The Inn at Fossebridge.
12. The Inn at Fossebridge do not warrant any statements, actings or otherwise of the owner and liability for any acts, omissions, neglect or default etc of the owner are not to be imputed to The Inn at Fossebridge.
13. The holiday-maker shall allow the owner or his agents or employees entry to the premises for all reasonable purposes.
14. A 50% deposit is required with the booking form. If the booking form is submitted eight weeks or less before the commencement of the holiday then the full rent should be sent with the booking form. If the booking cannot be accepted by The Inn at Fossebridge, the full amount shall be returned within 14 days. If a booking is accepted, the holiday-maker becomes liable for the balance of rent for the full period of the holiday, which must be paid eight weeks prior to the holiday together with a damage waiver deposit of £200. When the balance of rent is paid, final details of the property, with travel directions and key holder information will be forwarded. The brochure prices are cash prices. Where the holiday-maker pays for any part of the cost of the holiday by credit card, The Inn at Fossebridge reserves the right to levy a charge (presently 2.5%) in respect of each payment so made. The owner has authorised The Inn at Fossebridge to refuse any booking and to cancel any booking which has been made on his/her behalf. The Inn at Fossebridge will communicate this decision to the holiday-maker in writing. Any monies which have been paid to The Inn at Fossebridge will be repaid without delay and in full to the holiday-maker.
15. Where VAT is applicable, it is included in the rental.
16. The clauses of these General Conditions shall operate on the basis that the terms and conditions and provisions shall be severable so as to have effect as separate and distinct rights, provisions and obligations independently of the others. In all cases where any part of these terms and conditions is an unenforceable provision in terms of the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977 or similar legislation, the unenforceable provision shall not effect the validity of the remaining portion of these terms and conditions, which remain in force as if the unenforceable provision had been eliminated. Nothing contained in the General Conditions shall exclude The Inn at Fossebridge from any responsibility which they have in law in so far as it is competently varied or excluded and these General Conditions shall be read and construed accordingly.
17. In these terms and conditions: a) The expression “ the owner ” shall mean the person or persons who have appointed and authorised The Inn at Fossebridge to act as his/her/their agents. b) The expression “ the holiday-maker ” shall mean the person who signed the Booking Form.
18. This brochure and the General Conditions it contains supersedes all previous issues.
19. English Law shall apply to all contractual obligations arising out of these General Conditions.
The Inn at Fossebridge , Fossebridge, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, GL54 3JS
Revised January 2012