Stable Cottage is a beautiful, grade II listed building, formerly the stables for the neighbouring coaching inn. The Cotswold stone stables have been lovingly renovated, to create a warm, character filled cottage, perfectly located in the heart of the Cotswolds.
Stable Cottage was formerly the stables for the Inn at Fossebridge, an historic family run 17th century coaching inn, and the cottage sits in the Inn’s beautiful four acre grounds. Fossebridge is in the heart of the Cotswolds, located between Cirencester to the South and Stow-on-the-Wold to the North. Stable Cottage is ideally placed for exploring the surrounding countryside, including the picturesque Coln Valley, or visiting the many beautiful towns and villages of the Cotswolds.
The graded II listed stables were solidly built in Cotswold stone and have recently been converted to form a beautiful, single storey cottage. The character of the original stables has been retained via the incorporation of stable doors and original oak beams into the cottage, and enhanced by the quality of the new finishings, including oak doors, windows and skirting boards. The character of the cottage is complemented by its facilities, including wireless internet access, a flatscreen TV with DVD player and Sky, and a well presented kitchen.
Stable Cottage sleeps a maximum of 4+2 guests, in three bedrooms, with two bathrooms (with the +2 being bunk beds for children, which are in a small bedroom that connects the master bedroom to the rest of the cottage). The grounds of the Inn at Fossebridge are open to guests. Off street parking is available. Stable Cottage is an ideal location for families or groups of friends, looking for a peaceful retreat.
The cottage benefits from having access to all of the Inn’s services, including private dining facilities.
The front door of Stable Cottage opens into a hallway. The following rooms are in the cottage, all on the ground floor:
- Living/dining room: A warm and cosy room, with one of the original oak beams from the stables and a beautiful tiled floor. There is comfy seating for five, plus a large beanbag, and a wooden dining table and chairs, seating six. There is a flatscreen TV, with integral DVD player and Sky TV
- Kitchen: Opening directly onto the living/dining room, the kitchen is small, but well laid out, and contains an electric cooker and four ring hob, dishwasher, fridge freezer, microwave, kettle and toaster (clothes washing facilities can be provided by the Inn);
- Master bedroom: Accessed via bedroom 3, the master bedroom contains a king size bed and has an en-suite bathroom, with a bath with overhead shower, toilet and twin wash basin;
- Bedroom 2: Contains two single beds;
- Bedroom 3: A small room, which also gives access to the master bedroom, bedroom 3 contains two high quality oak bunk beds, which are suitable for children;
- Family bathroom: Contains a walk-in shower, toilet and wash basin.
At the front of Stable Cottage is a private outdoor area. The cottage and the outdoor area adjoin the beautiful four acre grounds of the Inn at Fossebridge, which guests have full access to.
- For bookings commencing more than 12 weeks in advance, a 30% non-refundable deposit is required to confirm the booking. The balance payment is then due 12 weeks prior to arrival.
- All payments are made subject to the cancellation policy set out in the standard booking conditions.
- Security deposits are not required (please note that guests are still liable for any damage or additional cleaning required as a result of their actions).
- The maximum occupancy of the property is four adults and two children, at any point during your stay. Unauthorised over occupancy is a breach of our terms and conditions and may result in the cancellation of your booking and additional charges. Please consult us prior to booking if you wish to discuss the possibility of having more than six guests at the property.
- Stable Cottage accepts up to two medium sized dogs, at a cost of £20 per booking per dog.
- For the comfort of future guests, we ask that dogs stay off the furniture, including beds, and that no trace of a dog remains after your departure.
Bed linen and towels
- Bed linen and towels are provided for guests.
Arrival and departure times
- Arrival time is after 3pm and departure time is by 11am.
- If your arrival will be delayed beyond 8pm on the start date of your rental period, you must contact the person whose details are given in the Pre-Arrival Information. If you fail to do so, you may not be able to get into the property.
Bed sizes and configurations
- Master bedroom (accessed via bedroom 3): King size bed
- Bedroom 2: 2x single beds
- Bedroom 3: 2x bunk beds (full size) – for children only
- Family bathroom: Walk-in shower, toilet and wash basin;
- En-suite bathroom: Bath with overhead shower, toilet and twin wash basin.
- The property has a gas fired central heating system. Electricity and gas are included in the rental price.
- The property has free wireless internet access and a TV with Sky and a DVD player.
- The property has access to all the services available at the Inn
- Mobile phone reception is variable.
- The property has off street parking space for three cars.
- Where a letting exceeds nine nights, a mid-stay clean, bed linen and towel change may be included in the price. Please check with us to confirm. Additional housekeeping services may be available on request.
Child friendly facilities
- A travel cot (without linen) and a high chair are available upon request.
- A very limited quantity of initial consumables is provided for your convenience (eg. dishwasher tablets, bin bags, toilet rolls), however, you should not expect the quantity of these provisions to be sufficient for the duration of your stay.
Accessibility, health and safety
- The property is a single storey cottage, with one step up to the front door.
- The smoke detectors operate on a sound only basis and, therefore, those who have serious impairment of hearing may not be able to hear the alarm systems and could be at risk.
- No smoking is permitted throughout the property.
- In order to provide you with as much detail of our properties as possible, we sometimes use wide angle photography, which can make certain rooms, or spaces, appear larger than they actually are. If you have any queries regarding the size of any rooms or spaces, please do not hesitate to contact us.